The Friendly Hand
Registered Charity Number:
Lee Bolton Monier Williams
1 The Sanctuary
Phone Number: 00 447979603555
How we use your personal data
We may collect the data you provide via the website to monitor website trends.
Under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), the lawful bases we rely on for processing this information are:
- Your consent. You are able to remove your consent at any time. You can do this by contacting us via https://www.thefriendlyhand.org/contact
- We have a contractual obligation.
- We have a legal obligation.
- We have a vital interest.
- We need it to perform a public task.
- We have a legitimate interest.
How we protect your information
The internet is not a secure medium. However, we have put in place various security procedures as set out in this policy.
We have appropriate securiy measures to prevent personal data from being accidentally lost or used or accessed unlawfully. We limit access to your personal data to those who have a genuine need to access it.
We also have procedures in place to deal with any suspected data security breach. We will notify you and any applicable regulator of a suspected data security breach where we are legally required to do so.
How long do we keep personal data
We will not keep your personal data for longer than we need it for the purpose for which it is used.
Your data protection rights
Under data protection law, you have rights including:
- Your right of access – You have the right to ask us for copies of your personal information.
- Your right to rectification – You have the right to ask us to rectify personal information you think is inaccurate. You also have the right to ask us to complete information you think is incomplete.
- Your right to erasure – You have the right to ask us to erase your personal information in certain circumstances.
- Your right to restriction of processing – You have the right to ask us to restrict the processing of your personal information in certain circumstances.
- Your right to object to processing – You have the right to object to the processing of your personal information in certain circumstances.
- Your right to data portability – You have the right to ask that we transfer the personal information you gave us to another organisation, or to you, in certain circumstances.
- You are not required to pay any charge for exercising your rights. If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you.
Please contact us via https://www.thefriendlyhand.org/contact/ if you wish to make a request.
Owing to the global nature of the Internet infrastructure, the information you provide may be transferred in transit to countries outside the European Economic Area that do not have similar protections in place regarding your data and its use as set out in this policy. However, we have taken the steps outlined above to try to improve the security of your information. By submitting your information, you consent to these transfers.
Contact us & how to complain
Please contact u[LS9] s via https://www.thefriendlyhand.org/contact/ if you have any queries or concerns about our use of your personal data. We hope we will be able to resolve any issues you may have.
You also have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner in the UK who may be contacted using the details at https://ico.org.uk/make-a-complaint or by telephone: 0303 123 1113, if you are unhappy with how we have used your data.